Friday 19 April 2013

EASY-PEASY JUST 2 CUPCAKES !!

Should I...should I not...!!!

Ummm....

What to do??!!

All right! let's face it...

I've been pining for cake all day but was feeling tooo lazy to take out my mixer, bowls and other paraphernalia.....
measure the stuff...beat the batter...and then wait for whole 40-50 mins + cooling time to taste the fruit of my efforts!! Cupcakes take lesser time but involve the same amount of efforts. Also, who will eat the remaining cuppies as my Dear Husband is not a very big fan of cakes like me. Dividing the recipe is tricky and you're never sure of the results. But I BADLY wanted cake!!!

I googled and this came to my rescue. The cupcakes looked awesome and inviting. The author promised minimal utensils and efforts. What more could anybody want?? I thought of giving the recipe a shot. After all there isn't anything to lose; on the contrary, I'll only get a new hassle-free recipe of cupcake which I can try anytime!!

So....try I did, and my verdict:

yummy just two cupcakes





quick easy cupcakes
The cuppies were delicious, soft and perfect in texture and taste; not just some gummy substitutes for cupcakes. Perfect recipe to satisfy your teeny-weeny cuppy yearnings at any time! It just took 10 mins prep time+17 mins baking....and lo and behold, you have a beauty in hand to devour...:D






Thanks Jessica for sharing your wonderful recipe with us.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 egg white

2 1/2 tbsp castor sugar (original recipe calls for 2 tbsp but found it a tad less sweet as per my taste)

2 tbsp butter, melted

1/4 cup all purpose flour

1/4 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 tbsp milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

WHAT YOU DO:



Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Line a muffin or cupcake pan with 2 liners and grease it.

Sieve together flour and baking powder.
In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk with hand until sugar is fully incorporated (DO NOT OVER-WHISK or they’ll turn into rubbery cupcakes). 
Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir lightly until mixed.
Add the flour and baking powder mix. Stir until smooth.
Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 F for 12-15 minutes or until cake is set. You can test with a skewer and take them out when there are a few moist crumbs sticking.
Let them cool in the pan for 5 mins.
Take them out and enjoy.
Though these are yummy on their own, if you want (and are not wary of putting in some extra efforts!) you can frost them too; but cool completely before frosting.I just dusted them with powdered sugar.....you can even use drinking chocolate powder or cocoa for dusting the top!! It tastes equally delightful.
delicious tasty muffins
Just look at the fine and soft texture....yummmm!!

Enjoy!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Your comments and suggestions are dear to me, so please feel free to post your queries here. I'll love replying to them. Tkcr.