Sunday 6 February 2022

Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love nut butters! And though I'm not much of a fan of PB&J sandwiches, I definitely love PB....and also Jams, but separately....not mixed together. Also, I find cookies are an easy and good way, to feed some extra nutrition to my kid. So a win-win, for both mommy and the kid!! These cookies are crispy and moreish. Addictive is an understatement, coz I am usually churning out batches after batches of these, for my home...as well as when we go to visit family and friends. These are my most requested cookies....and now I feel like I should start taking postal orders for these😂 lolss!


The recipe can be scaled upto 2 times to make a bigger batch and freeze. The frozen batch stays good for 2 months in the freezer. To freeze cookies, I scoop out portions of the dough using small icecream scoop, drop it on a pan/plate, wrap the whole pan with wrapping film and freeze for 30 minutes. This makes the individual dough balls hard enough to pick up. Then I take the pan out and pick the individual cookie dough balls, place them inside a freezer bag, label the date and stash it again in the freezer. When baking the frozen cookies, you can bake them straight from the freezer into the warm oven, no need to thaw!


So, now let's move on to the recipe.....

Yield: 25 cookies

Pre-preparation: 1) Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper;
2) Pre-heat your oven at 180°C (160°C for convection/fan oven) for 15-20 minutes.

Ingredients:

125 g Smooth Peanut Butter
115 g Unsalted Butter
150 g Light Brown Sugar
50 g Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
160 g All-purpose flour
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
75 g Chocolate Chips
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Method:
1) Sift together all-purpose flour and baking soda;
2) Whip together peanut butter, butter and both the sugars till light and fluffy;
3) Add the egg to the butter-sugar mixture and whip till fully incorporated;
4) Add in the flour mix to the butter mix and using a spatula mix it in till you see no streaks of flour;


This should be the consistency of the dough. Add in your chocolate chips;
5) Scoop out 1.5 Tbsp dough (I use smallest icecream scoop) and just plop it on your lined cookie sheets;


6) Bake at 180°C (160°C for Convection/fan oven) for 15 minutes. When the cookies are set at the edges, but a little soft in the middle, take the cookie sheets out of the oven and let the cookies stay on the sheets for 15 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool down completely. If the cookies are not set at the edges, pop them in the oven again for 4-5 minutes.


7) To store them, transfer the completely cooled cookies to an airtight container. They stay good for 10 days.


Look at the crispy texture 😋😋🤩......yummmmm!!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Facebook. If you have any questions/queries drop me a comment here on this post, or DM me on my IG Handle. Don't forget to tag me if you try my recipe. Till next time, happy baking peeps😊...byeeee👋🏻






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Your comments and suggestions are dear to me, so please feel free to post your queries here. I'll love replying to them. Tkcr.