Sunday 19 May 2013

EASY BUTTERMILK CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES


My obsession with cakes simply seems to have no end! If I'm short on time I prefer baking cupcakes; and if I really want to indulge, I go for BIG cakes! However frostings are reserved only for special occasions, as firstly, whipped cream still has to make an entry in my local market; and secondly, for me a cake is delicious only if it's able to stand by itself in the flavor department....no trappings required! No....I'm not against frosting, it's just a matter of personal preference. For me, "efforts required" are inversely related to "my-interest-in-the-recipe".....lesser the sweat, better it is with me...;)
So here comes another minimal effort cupcake recipe that uses Buttermilk (aahh....my new fav these days!).
This recipe is from the multi-talented Jessie's site cakespy. She is a cake detective, writer and illustrator; and has many books to her credit (her new book: The secret life of baked goods is in bookstores now!). Coming to the recipe, it looks like lots of ingredients...but it's just mix-and-bake....and voila!! you're done.
easy buttermilk chocolate chip muffins recipe 

 
WHAT YOU NEED: 
(Half the original recipe)
YIELDS: 6 cupcakes

1/3 cup Granulated sugar, OR, 2/3 cup Castor sugar
1 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
1 Egg, beaten lightly
1/3 cup Buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Choco-chips

1 slab Cadbury Bournville Rich Cocoa (optional)
 

WHAT YOU DO:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F (180 Celsius). Spray 6 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or grease and line with paper liners.
Sieve, or, whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder in large bowl.
Lightly whisk together melted butter, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract in another bowl until well blended.
Make a well in the center of flour mixture and pour the liquids into that well; gently stir until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
Fold in Choco-chips.


Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
BAKE for 17 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in muffins comes out with a few moist crumbs.

NOTES: I added a twist of my own. I placed a square of Bournville Rich Cocoa in between the batter!!
    
And here's the result:



Happy baking!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Your comments and suggestions are dear to me, so please feel free to post your queries here. I'll love replying to them. Tkcr.