Thursday 30 May 2013

Just One Molten Lava Cake


I had posted an easy, just two cupcake recipe sometime back. Here is a chocolate version of it...a quick-fix for all chocoholics!!
molten lava cake
What are you waiting for?? Dig in...!!! Ohhh!! the recipe?? It is as simple as 1-2-3.....Here it goes.....


Yield: 2 small cupcakes/ 1 jumbo muffin
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 Egg-white
1 Tbsp melted chocolate
1 Tbsp Whole Milk
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Butter, melted
3 Tbsp All-purpose flour
3 Tbsp Castor sugar 
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Coffee/ Cinnamon powder
1 tsp Chocolate essence/ Vanilla extract
1 square of your favorite chocolate bar (I used Bournville Rich Cocoa)

WHAT YOU DO:
Pre-heat your oven to 350 F/ 180 C. Grease your ramekin (if you want to serve just yourself), or your cupcake pan (if you want to share with your special one!!).
Sieve together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder 2-3 times.
Whisk together the egg white and sugar until creamy and frothy. Add the essence, melted chocolate, butter and cinnamon/ coffee powder. Dump in the flour mix, and milk, and stir until smooth. Do NOT over-whisk!
Scoop half the batter in your pan/ ramekin. Place the chocolate square and cover it up with the batter. Pop into oven and bake at 350 F/ 180 C for 20-25 mins. Please note, that the cupcake pan will take lesser time than a ramekin. My cupcake pan takes 17 mins and my ramekin took 25 mins, so watch out closely.

molten lava cake




Can anything be more chocolatey than this??!












chocolate cupcake



Eat warm!!

18 comments:

  1. lovely cake dear... i can dig into it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love these small bowl cakes, and lava rocks. Yummm!

    My latest: http://www.thelady8home.com/2013/05/29/kerala-style-seer-fish-curry-for-contest-x-treme-a-guest-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Minnie....even I love individual treats!!

      Delete
  3. Mouthwatering chocolate lava cake, yummyyyyy!

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/05/bengali-gosht-curry-pathar-jhol.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love individual cakes. your version looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot Gheza....even I luv treats in small packages....though the number of those packages should be more...;)...!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. first time on your space and happy to follow you .......... visit my space in your free time..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx a ton Sharanya.....you've a beautiful space...I've bookmarked your eggless vanilla sponge cake recipe. The tall cake looked so awesome, I just couldn't resist bookmarking it....me too following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I cannot get this out of my mind until I bake this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha......that's a beautiful comment Harini...!!! Do try it & let me know how it turns out for u....this has become an almost regular after dinner dessert for me & hubby.....!!

      Delete

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Your comments and suggestions are dear to me, so please feel free to post your queries here. I'll love replying to them. Tkcr.