Thursday 16 May 2013

Fluffy, Moist, Buttery Cake: Step-by-Step pics Recipe

I was on my virtual cake tour (googling cake recipes) one afternoon when a scrumptiously yummy looking cake caught my eye.....no need to say that it was love at first sight!! I did a quick check:
CHECK 1- The recipe was simple and easy, one-bowl kind;
CHECK 2- I had all the ingredients in my larder;
CHECK 3- ......to hell with the checks!! I'm itching to make this cake.....
So straightaway I went into my kitchen to try it out.....and the result??!! Well.....I'm short of words befitting its taste, flavor and softness......!!
It's just perfect! With a rich buttery flavor and its spongy texture, it stands on its own. No need of frosting or icings. 
spongy butter cake



The recipe is from Divya's Easycooking. She has a whole lot of recipes, each with beautiful sets of pics. You won't feel like leaving her space....;) But her baking recipes are my favorite!!

So here we go....


WHAT YOU NEED:
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
1 1/4 cup Castor sugar    
3 Eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup Milk, room temperature
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Nutmeg/ Cinnamon powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract

WHAT YOU DO:
Pre-heat your oven to 180 Celsius. Grease and line your cake pan. Sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda 3-4 times, or you can whisk them lightly to get an even consistency.
step by step pictorial, rich buttery cake 
(Do you see that brown paper in the left corner? That's my handy Ingredients Note!!..for saving me a run from kitchen to laptop.)

Cream butter till fluffy.
moist butter cake

Add sugar and cream further till it gets incorporated.
Add eggs, one by one.
The batter will look curdled but don't worry...keep on whisking. Add the vanilla extract and the nutmeg powder and give it a whirl.

Add the flour mix to the creamed butter-sugar, alternately with milk.

Whisk the final batter at low speed to stabilize and break down any large air bubbles
Drop the batter into your tin (Sorry! No pic, as my oven was beeping like hell and so had to hurry.)
Tap it a lightly on your kitchen counter to get rid of large air bubbles. Place it in your oven at 180 Celsius and bake for 40-50 mins, or till a skewer inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs. If after 40 mins you feel that the top has browned but the center will take few more mins, cover the tin with a foil and then bake further.....or you might get a burned top! Mine got done in 45 mins.
Let cool in the pan for 10 mins; invert and take out.
the best butter cake recipe 
Slice and enjoy!

The bananas you see in the background are for my next venture "Banana Nut Muffins"....stay tuned!!

moist butter cake

6 comments:

  1. First time here... Very yummy cake... glad to follow u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot dear.....it is indeed an awesome cake.....Do try it and let me know how it turns out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cake too,simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi malvecka, regarding ur doubt about the gingelly oil in grated mango pickle,sure you can replace it with any oil.Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Priya for the quick response!! Will try it today and let you know.

      Delete

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Your comments and suggestions are dear to me, so please feel free to post your queries here. I'll love replying to them. Tkcr.